Fill out the online volunteer interest form
and watch for volunteer sign-ups on ParentSquare.
There are numerous opportunities to get involved. Some areas of immediate need:
- PTA Board position as Corresponding Secretary
- Communications/Parent Square Chair
- Serving on planning teams for events such as the Carnival, Auction, Walk/Bike to School Day, Walk-a-Thon and more!
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact a PTA board member or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
If you are volunteering at school, the district now requires you to fill out the “Application to be a volunteer in the Public Schools” form that you can get at the front office.
Volunteers are grouped into the following categories and must be screened as follows:
- Level 1: Volunteer who is always supervised and on campus weekly (Example: career day presenter). Requirements: Megan’s Law Clearance and Principal Approval.
- Level 2: Volunteer who is always supervised and on campus weekly (Example: elementary classroom volunteer). Requirements: Megan’s Law Clearance, TB Clearance and Principal Approval.
- Level 3: Volunteer who may be alone with students (Example: overnight field trip). Requirements: TB Clearance, Principal Approval, Fingerprinting and Personnel Department Approval.
- Level 4: Volunteer who will be driving students (Example: driving students to athletics). Requirements: TB Clearance, Principal Approval, Fingerprinting and Driving Requirement Clearance.
Contact your classroom teacher to discuss classroom volunteering opportunities.
Room Parent Representative:
Lead Coordination of classroom parties and events throughout the year with help from the teacher and other parents. Contact your classroom teacher or Sinsheimer Room Parent Coordinator, Cara Smith, about volunteering for this position.